Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just Kickin Things Off...


Whats poppin world? I gotta say, I am excited to be starting up this blog with my guy Sab. I look forward to hearing some feedback from folks regarding our music, our thoughts, and our plans for the future. Being a great music artist requires good communication with fans and supporters and so we feel that this is a great way to get a real conversation started.

First things first, let me briefly recap where and who we are and how we got here. Sabrey and I grew up together since kindergarten. It aint too many cats doin music together that can say that or that even have friends they've known since kindergarten. Life is mad unpredictable and I am glad to have this stand-up dude havin my back no matter the twists and turns!! Basically, we started rappin at about the same time, close to freshman year of high school and worked together as part of the same group, The Billa Click, until we graduated and I bounced to DC to go to college. In the course of my time at American University, I made some good friends who happened to be involved in audio engineering and music as well, so we started recording and ended up forming a label, Heavy Syndication. It was at this time that we began working with a couple emcees from Howard U, Broadway Miller & Deontre Blayz, as well as a native DC artist, Verse. I spent most of my time from 2005 to 2007 managing, marketing, and promoting these other artists.

At the beginning of 2005, Sabrey moved out to DC to work with me and Heavy Syn. We decided to move forward as a group and hence, Good Hood was born! We put all our time, energy, passion, creativity, and money into making our debut street album, Grindin' Season, which we released at the beginning of 2008. Unfortunately, the label wasn't able to hold up to the financial pressures of managing several artists while keeping open an office and studio. This past summer, the label went under, just as we (Good Hood) were getting things moving.

So now, here we are, totally independent and ready to take on the world! We have been travelling back and forth between DC and Chicago, doing shows all over the Chi and working with a Chicago-based entertainment group called TCO Entertainment. They have released two North Pole Movement mixtapes featuring several up-and-coming hip-hop artists from Chi-town's north side. They are doin some big things including a North Pole Movement concert at the Congress Theater on Dec. 20th of this year. Best believe, we will be performing, so come out and see how we get down!!

Aight, I've already been rambling on and on, so I'll stop here. I'm about to work on a verse for this new track we are doing with Chaundon of the Justus League. Produced by All I Ever Wanted, its guaranteed to be a banger!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lets kick things off son......

the otter is here and is bringing out people. let me know the next time you and sab perform and we will be there. its time people heard what you two can actually do....

Tom Mcleod said...

Where was "Under the careful guidance of Thomas D McLeod III we were able to create several masterpieces"

Deuce said...

Sorry to not give you more credit Thomas D McLeod III. You definitely helped us out and we haven't forgotten. Also, Broadway's been tryna get in touch with you.

As for the Otter, thanks for showin love! When our next show in DC is goin down, you'll be the first to know!