Friday, November 21, 2008

So Why Do We Do It pt. 1

Good morning world, this is Sab'rey ( the black half) of GoodHood. Honestly, on almost a daily basis I get asked one question more than any other. " Why did you choose rapping as a career choice?" So I figured today was the day i was gonna let loose as to why does what i does. Alot of people get in to this music thing as a way to get rich quick, others because they think its an easy proffesion to jump into, and others still because honestly, they cant do anything else. I can say, with no hesitation none of these three reasons apply to me. I chose this hip-hop thing because Ive had a passion for it since the day i cold follow the boom bap. I really feel as if i heard the music diffrently than my friends. I could see the stories these rapper of my youth where describing, and only God knows how badly i wanted to join in and rap along with my heroes. But, i think, what really cemented for me was when i got to be a lil older maybe in my late teens, i would listen to the radio, and on an almost daily basis i began becoming less and less impressed with what the rappers where saying. It became clear as day I had to get in to this rap shit!!!! Not because i felt like i was so great, but because everyone else is jus so damned bad!!!! So i picked up my pen, met up with Daveed Hall, and the rest as they say is history. Looking back, I feel as if i took an almost arrogant approach to music, but in saying that it was still a very real and passionate approach to my future career. So guys and dolls there it is. Any questions??? lol See Y'all soon!!!!! And remember Goin' International isn't just a song its a state of mind. See y'all in Cordoba(look it up!!) Ya DIIIG

No comments: